Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Sunny Orange Yogurt Muffins


This morning was absolutely beautiful! The sun was streaming through the kitchen and showing signs of spring, finally!  This weekend was warm and sunny, a nice contrast to the typical Northwest cloud.  To bring in this wonderful day, I had to bake a treat that reflected this morning.  So this time, I broke out one of my most loved cookbooks, William Sonoma.  I love how moist and subtly sweet these muffins are.  It's like a small sunburst in your mouth, maybe that's the sun-drenched happiness speaking but either way it's intriguing, don't you think? 

You can find the recipe here.  This is for the quick loaf bread, but it's exactly the same for the muffins.  It should make 14-18 regular sized muffins.  I made 12 regular muffins and 12 minis.  I love minis, they bring me back to my childhood.  When Hostess first introduced the mini muffins in a bag, it was all the rage then.  Banana Nut was my favorite at the time.  They are still around, I see them every now and again, but the real joy for me now, is knowing that I can make them ten times better in my own kitchen.  Anyhow, back to my point, these muffins are sure to bring a bit of sunshine to anybody's day.




No comments:

Post a Comment